Here’s our pick of the ten best tips for residential landlords. We’ve been really concise because we know how busy you are!
If you have others that you think trump ours – let us know. If we agree we’ll stick ’em on the list.
Top Ten Tips For Landlords
1. Decorate neutrally
2. Don’t be greedy…go easy on the rent increases.
3. Speak to your mortgage lender
4. Draw up a proper tenancy agreement
5. Get tenant references
6. Properly protect the deposit
7. Check your building and contents insurance
8. Declare taxable income
9. Take safety seriously
10. If tenants stop paying, act fast
Follow these and you won’t go far wrong.